204 Barnes Ave Colchester, VT 05446
(Located in Fort Ethan Allen at the corner of Barnes and Troy.)
Lisa Golding, Owner
We are moving to The Barns at Lang Farm in Essex in October! ***Boho Baby's last shopping day at our current location is: Thursday, September 28th. Will be closed from Friday, September 29th-Friday, October 6th and will re-open on Saturday, 10/7 at our NEW LOCATION! Stay-tuned for updated location information, extended hours and programming!***
Now accepting inventory. No appointment necessary. We are currently buying fall/winter clothing, footwear and outerwear. Consignment option available for items with a RESALE value of $25 and up.
- We buy clothing, footwear, accessories, outerwear, diaper bags and carriers in SIZES NB-5T, shoes: infant 1-child size 13.
- We also buy wooden and “natural” toys, games and puzzles.
- All items must be in excellent or very good used condition (no stains, holes, missing buttons or snaps. Light wash-wear or pilling considered), CLEAN and not overly-wrinkled. Please be mindful of how items are presented to us (i.e. not stuffed into a trash bag).
- Note that we DO NOT buy Carter’s or Granimals and are selective with items containing text.
- We cannot pay as much for your items as you’d make if you sold them yourself. We’re the middle-person. We fully understand and support you selling them yourself on one of the swap sites, though we’re happy to pay you what we can.
- Gently-loved value is around 30% of new price.
- BLANKETS: We will consider clean, like-new, cute blankets, like Aden and Anais. Hand-made blankets happily accepted!
- You are welcome to leave your items while we go through them or please stay and shop! We pay cash on the spot for items. If you prefer to leave them, we will happily mail a check for the items we’re taking, keep your remaining items for you for up to five days, or donate them for you.
- Consignment is an option for items with a resale price of $25.00, such as diaper bags, outerwear and carriers.
- Brands we love: Tea collection, Mini Boden, Hanna Andersson, Gap, Patagonia, North Face, Hatley, Nui Organics, Under the Nile, Finn and Emma, Katie Quinn Organics, Zebi Baby / Milkbarn, Kickee Pants, Yala, Zutano, Peek, Kissee, Livie and Luca, See Kai Run, Smartwool, Crewcuts, Keen, Bogs, Crocs, Matilda Jane, Oshkosh, L.L. Bean and anything "boho," locally-made, globally-inspired or unique!
Boho Baby is a vendor at the follow upcoming events:
July 29th 9-1: Wildflowers Studio Grand Reopening
August 12th 11-2: BTV Mom's Blog Family Fun Day
October 14th 10-2: VT's Pregnancy and Baby Expo
Boho Baby's Mission
Boho Baby is your local resale boutique with a bohemian twist! Buying and selling children's goods, we are committed to providing excellent customer service and fair prices. Boho baby emphasizes conscious, sustainable consumerism, supporting local artists and giving back to our communities of young families both at home and abroad. We take donations for free clothing and other items we cannot buy, and give proceeds to Action Against Hunger, a global humanitarian organization that ensures the most vulnerable populations have access to clean water, food, training and healthcare. www.actionagainsthunger.org
Boho Baby's secondary mission is to provide cultural awareness and arts education to young children. Our world is a rainbow of cultures-celebrating and connecting children with all the colors of the rainbow through music and dance enrichens and widens the scope of their natural curiousoty about their world. Stay turned for more information on future global arts programming!
The time I spent in Southeast Asia greatly changed the lens through which I viewed my own environment and consumer practices. The concept of conscious consumerism, consuming with a purpose, became paramount in my day-to-day life. Therein was born the inspiration for Boho Baby.
A Childcare Provider, Home-Based Childcare Program Owner, Doula, Special Education Assistant, Preschool and TESOL Teacher in my past life, my interest in working with young children and families has taken a new shape! After the birth of my second son, I started helping friends sell their children’s clothing through various avenues on the side. A gently-loved clothing customer myself, it was fun for me to connect people, moms in particular, through the passing along of their like-new children’s items. From one loving hand to another, the sharing of children’s clothing and necessities connects us like a village.
I wanted to create a village where children and their caregivers can come to find the gently-loved clothing and select goods that they’re looking for, while supporting local and internationally-based mothers alike. The new items available for purchase at Boho Baby are quality favorites of mine that I used for my own babies-items that I find satisfaction in passing along to you. Some new items are made by local moms right here in Vermont. Others are fair trade/fair wage products, and through whose purchase directly supports families in need of basic necessities and opportunities in developing countries. Parenthood is the thread that binds us, no matter where on the planet we exist.
Thank you for your interest in Boho Baby. We hope to meet you soon!
CONSUME WITH PURPOSE.