204 Barnes Ave Colchester, VT 05446
(Located in Fort Ethan Allen at the corner of Barnes and Troy.)
Lisa Golding, Owner
Now accepting new inventory. No appointment necessary.
At BOHO BABY, we strive to make your shopping and pruning experiences easy and positive! We carry the styles and brands you want, at prices you prefer. Have bins full of adorable clothes your little one has outgrown? We'll happily look through them, offer you cash on the spot or consignment, give back to you what we can't take while you wait and shop, hold it for you if you'd rather drop it off, provide a list of organizations who accept donations or even donate for you.
Children are our specialty at BOHO BABY! We have a selection of gently-loved toys for sale that your children are welcome to play with while you shop, we offer weekly events for children and caregivers, complimentary coffee and bites.
- We buy clothing, footwear, accessories, outerwear, diaper bags and carriers in SIZES NB-5T, shoes: infant 1-child size 13.
- We also buy wooden and “natural” toys, games and puzzles.
- All items must be in excellent or very good used condition (no stains, holes, missing buttons or snaps. Light wash-wear or pilling considered), clean and not overly-wrinkled. Please be mindful of how items are presented to us (i.e. not stuffed into a trash bag).
- Note that we DO NOT buy Carter’s or Granimals and are selective with items containing text.
- We cannot pay as much for your items as you’d make if you sold them yourself. We’re the middle-person. We fully understand and support you selling them yourself on one of the swap sites, though we’re happy to pay you what we can.
- Gently-loved value is around 30% of new price.
- BLANKETS: We will consider clean, like-new, cute blankets, like Aden and Anais. Hand-made blankets happily accepted!
- You are welcome to leave your items while we go through them or please stay and shop! We pay cash on the spot for items. If you prefer to leave them, we will happily mail a check for the items we’re taking, keep your remaining items for you for up to five days, or donate them for you.
- Consignment is an option for items with a resale price of $25.00, such as diaper bags, outerwear and carriers.
- Brands we love: Aden and Anais, Tea collection, Mini Boden, Hanna Andersson, Gap, Patagonia, Hatley, Nui Organics, Under the Nile, Finn and Emma, Katie Quinn Organics, Zebi Baby / Milkbarn, Kickee Pants, Yala, Zutano, Peek, Cotton On, Livie and Luca, See Kai Run, Smartwool, Crewcuts, Mini Melissa, Keen, Bogs, Crocs, Matilda Jane, Oshkosh, L.L. Bean
The Story Behind BOHO BABY
The time I spent in Southeast Asia greatly changed the lens through which I viewed my own environment and consumer practices. The concept of conscious consumerism, consuming with a purpose, became paramount in my day-to-day life. Therein was born the inspiration for BOHO BABY.
I started helping friends sell their children’s clothing through various avenues on the side. A gently-loved clothing customer myself, it was fun for me to connect people, moms in particular, through the passing along of their like-new children’s items. From one loving hand to another, the sharing of children’s clothing and necessities connects us like a village.
I wanted to create a village where children and their caregivers can come to find the gently-loved clothing and select goods that they’re looking for, while supporting local and internationally-based mothers alike. The new items available for purchase at BOHO BABY are QUALITY favorites of mine that I used for my own babies-items that I find satisfaction in passing along to you. Some new items are made by local moms right here in Vermont. Others are FAIR TRADE, and through whose purchase directly supports families in need of basic necessities and opportunities in developing countries. Motherhood is the thread that binds us, no matter where on the planet we exist.
CONSUME WITH PURPOSE.